Forums » Spirituality

meditation and premonitions

• 3 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:42 AM PST

I've noticed that occasionally when I am meditating, I will get this flash. a brief glimpse of something happening. something that has not happened yet, but usually comes to pass within hours, to a day at most.    Usually when it does happen, is when I am engaged in one of my longer meditation sessions, of a morning, or before getting ready for bed.  has anyone else experienced this?

• 14 posts
    February 18, 2016 4:00 PM PST
    That's from the effect of all the drugs you took that kind of illusory experience will eventually go away
    • 88 posts
    February 19, 2016 1:52 AM PST

I have experienced this several times. It usually happens when my mind is most relaxed. I will get images of things that make me realize reality is more fluid than it seems, since everything kind of tends to melt into memory at that point. I am curious about why this happens.

• 3 posts
    February 19, 2016 3:05 AM PST

I would assume it is somehow related to the way when one's mind and body are relaxed, it opens the doors for higher energies to flow more freely. precognitive imagery thus being a sort of side-effect of our working toward enlightenment.   The deeper we immerse ourselves in the journey to enlightenment, the more receptive to cosmic and spiritual energies we become.  thats my theory anyway.

• 88 posts
    February 19, 2016 3:31 AM PST

I think that when a given reality is set, in our mind it allows us to experience it without having to actually be present for it to take hold. As we interact with things in the physical world, we see the difference from what we could have if it were available to shape itself around us. In dreams, we are able to do this vividly as in our third eye because that is a way of what is known as virtual travel. In meditation, virtual travel is our everything, it is not only our reality, but our awareness as well. So if we allow events of a somewhat grounded nature in our reality to take hold, they could turn into a preminition or flash of what reality is like as we see how we emerge from them in different realities. They could be happening in real time, but to a future part of ourselves experiencing subconsciously the same moment of a timeless meditation.

• 3 posts
    February 19, 2016 4:12 AM PST

I agree.  Visualization during meditation is easy for me at this point.  I can virtually travel freely but then, its something I have been doing for quite some time, so for me at least, opening and utilizing my third eye comes relatively easily.   It has opened a whole new realm for me.
    It makes sense then, that premonitions can be experiences of our future selves filtering back in such a way.

• 88 posts
    February 19, 2016 4:16 AM PST

The way I see it, the self is timeless and the virtual world is where we all go when our minds retire and when our spirit lives on after our bodies expire. We separate but all come together there in a formless fluidity. It may in fact reference the same place.